There are important things you need to know about Affiliate Marketing and many great features about setting up a business in Affiliate Marketing. I will share some of them here today.
Before I start, it would be great to know whether you are really interested as a potential newcomer to affiliate marketing, or whether you are seeking to find negatives about this incredible way of earning money online working from home.
Whether you are excited about the concept of setting up a new online business in affiliate marketing, or otherwise, it makes no difference to what I am going to say. I am devoted to the business of affiliate marketing and nothing will change my belief or viewpoint.
However, in saying that, I am completely honest and I will not tell you anything other than the truth about my experiences with affiliate marketing.
I will not try to tempt you, nor will I tell you that you will make millions online in the next 30 days or any other number of days, because you would be one of the very few to do that. Perhaps the only one, because I doubt that anyone has made millions of dollars in a short space of time in affiliate marketing, or any other business for that matter. Life isn’t that easy!
So that is one important thing you need to know about Affiliate Marketing. Scams are abundant online. No doubt, if you’ve been searching the internet in respect to making money, you will have seen websites that are offering outstanding financial success in a matter of no time at all. Do not be taken in by those websites. What they are telling you is not true.
Some of the Important Things You Need to Know About Affiliate Marketing
This probably does not surprise you!
- In the role of Affiliate Marketer in your own business, you are not answerable to anyone other than yourself.
- You can work the hours of your choice, day or night as the only demands are the demands you make on yourself.
- You are not providing a service so there is no-one to answer to.
- Whatever your skills, whether you have a Doctorate or whether you have no academic qualifications at all, you are qualified to work as an affiliate marketer. No-one can take that from you.
- The cost of setting up an affiliate marketing business is low.
- If you already have a computer or laptop – no additional cost applies.
- If you already have access to the internet – no additional cost applies.
- You will need a Domain name and Privacy – the cost is approximately $16 US per year.
- You will need Hosting for your website – the cost is approximately $6.99 US monthly.
Products to Promote
- There is an abundance of products to promote.
- Deciding on products to promote is your choice.
- There are several affiliate merchants that you can make application to join their program.
- Some merchants will accept your application immediately.
- Some merchants will respond within approximately 2 – 3 working days.
Commissions you will receive
- The rate of commission paid depends on the product or program you are promoting.
- ClickBank pays commissions directly to your Bank account.
- Commissions received from ClickBank are usually higher than other commissions due to ClickBank promoting mainly digital products, such as e-books and videos. These types of products earn a higher rate of commission than physical products earn.
- Amazon commissions are paid into the Bank Account of USA residents.
- Amazon commissions are paid by check to residents of countries outside of the USA.
How to Find Affiliate Products to Promote
- Amazon Associates (Affiliates): Log on to Amazon.com and type ‘associates’ into their Search Bar.
- I have described the set-up of an Amazon Associate account on this website. You can visit the information by clicking on this link.
- ClickBank: Log into ClickBank.com and open an account with them. This also is described on another page on the website. You can visit the information by clicking on this link.
- CJ.com is another Affiliate Program. Their commissions are quite low and I don’t recommend them for someone new to Affiliate Marketing. I believe they are a Company to be trusted, I just haven’t used them successfully myself.
- ShareASale.com is another reputable Company. Again, I have not used them to any great extent.
As a beginner, or at least until you are making significant earnings, I recommend joining ClickBank.com and /or Amazon.com. Amazon’s commissions are low. They start at 4 percent but the great thing about Amazon is that they have thousands of products which provides for building a solid business. The commission rates increase as the number of sales per month increases.
The one, perhaps, downside to Affiliate Marketing is that it easy to feel isolated working entirely on your own, day in and day out.
I overcame that problem by becoming part of the program called Wealthy Affiliate. This program has an amazing community who are all members doing affiliate marketing. Each member understands the plight of others as they learn the intricacies of affiliate marketing.
As I said in the beginning of this post, I am not going to try to tempt you to join.
But what I am offering is to join at NO COST for 7 days. During those 7 days you would have access to the entire program. Also you could build a website, or even 2 websites, FREE of cost.
So that is just a little something you might like to think about.
My Review of Wealthy Affiliate can be found here, if you would like to read more about it while still on my website.
I wish you great success with whatever your aspirations are.
Thank you kindly for visiting my website.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space provided below and I will respond.