What is a Guest Blogger and how to become successful at it is something really worthwhile looking at in respect to another source of income.
Those who are talented writers have an advantage over others who are still developing their writing skills. However, anyone who has the ambition to become a guest blogger can reach this level with persistence and dedication to their writing.
Guest blogging is an excellent way for a competent writer to build a reputation of authority in their particular market or niche.
There are an extensive number of well established authority blogs on the internet that were originally setup by one person. That is certainly not unusual. Most bloggers start their business on their own.
Some bloggers succeed quicker than others, but those who grow their blog or website to a substantial level, eventually seek help. This is necessary because, no matter how experienced a blog owner is, there comes a time when additional input is required to produce fresh content.
How You Can Become Successful as a Guest Blogger
The first step to take is to define your reason for wanting to be a guest blogger.
Is it your desire to:
- build your authority as a blogger
- build your personal brand and / or your business brand
- increase your online exposure
Whatever your reason for wanting to be a guest blogger, you need to plan how you will work within a structure. For example: how will you manage to continue growing your own business while working as a guest blogger.
Working as a Guest Blogger will definitely place demands on your time and your energy.
Nevertheless, having defined your reason for being a guest blogger, and being prepared to take on this extra role within your business, it’s time to do some research.
This research is on finding bloggers or website owners who are looking for suitable Guest Bloggers to provide content for their business.
Google is the best place to start looking for blogging opportunities.
To find blogs or websites that are looking for the services of a guest blogger, you can Google:
– top marketing blogs accepting guest blogging
This will open your browser to an abundance of possible options for you to investigate.
To investigate means to check these sites for the following:
- Is it an authority site
- Does the site appear free of spam
- Will the niche be one you are comfortable writing for
- Ensure the present content is to a high standard
- Is there an opportunity for growth
- Overall, is this site one that you are happy to have your name associated with
If you are certain that a chosen site is right for you, then approaching the site owner via the correct channels is your next move.
Having been accepted as a Guest Blogger for this post, the next requirement is to ensure that you follow the guidelines and rules as set down by the Blog or Website owner.
Authoring Your Guest Blog in Preparation for Presentation to the Blog Owner
- Make sure that you have written this Guest Blog about a subject within the required niche.
- Have your written an adequate number of words to meet the requirements.
- Did you edit your grammar and spelling to ensure it is to the highest level.
- Checked that paragraphs are frequent rather than long blocks of text.
- If you have been given permission to include links such as Social or links back to your site, ensure the links are correct prior to submitting the finished article
It is now time to congratulate yourself for having produced and submitted your first Guest Blogging post.
May you be successful as a Guest Blogger and become a well known authority in your chosen niche.
Thank you for visiting this post.
I welcome your comments and questions. Please leave them in the space provided below.