You want to increase traffic to your website but are not certain of which way to move.
If this is a predicament troubling you at present, it is fully understandable as there is much to be done when building your first website.
Before you are likely to get traffic to your website you need to be aware of methods available to everyone who is working online, with the intention of growing a strong following.
So let’s look at some of the options readily available to assist you with increasing traffic to your website.
Gaining Free Traffic with SEO
For your website to attract organic traffic, also referred to as free traffic, it is necessary to follow the best SEO practices. There are no shortcuts to getting organic traffic. The good news is that there is nothing complicated about preparing your website to attract visitors organically. Put into practice all of the organic SEO methods listed below.
Ways of Increasing Traffic to Your Website Organically
- Use well-chosen keywords relevant to the content
- Position keywords correctly in the Title of your website, and in H2 or H3 tags
- Not overusing keywords is extremely important
- Refer to details on the previous post
- linking relevant content between posts or pages
Linking to authority websites
- helps with Google ranking
Correct use of affiliate links
- wait until your website is getting some traffic before including affiliate links
- regular posting of quality content, either daily or at least 3 times per week
- posting original content relevant to the post or page title
- making sure there is no duplicate content on your site
Comments on your website
- encourage visitors to leave comments on your website
Using Social Media – Get active with:
- FaceBook Start a new page for your Website, publish content regularly, respond to comments and be seen to be actively engaged with the community.
- Twitter Open a Twitter account if you don’t already have one, and get involved in group discussions.
- Pinterest Open a Pinterest account – Make sure you insert an image in each new post you write and then post the URL to Pinterest.
Leave Comments on Other Websites
Visit other sites in a similar niche and become active by leaving comments. This can help towards building your brand and reputation. Little by little you can build yourself or your brand as an authority. Of course, it takes time and results will not happen overnight, but getting yourself or your business known will have a valuable result in due course.
Email marketing is one of the popular ways to increase traffic to your website. Although it takes some time to build a following, email marketing is an excellent way of gaining a long term readership in due course.
The best way to do Email Marketing is by using an Autoresponder program such as MailChimp or Aweber.
MailChimp is a free program for less than 2,000 subscribers and that allows you to send 12,000 emails per month. More than adequate, I imagine!
Aweber now offers free plans for up to 500 subscribers. I highly recommend the Aweber programme as they provide an excellent service which includes great support.
Google Adwords – A Paid Option
Google Adwords, although not a free option, is an excellent way of getting traffic to your website. In saying that, it can be expensive if you don’t know the correct way of using this paid method. In fact, please do not use Google Adwords unless you have full knowledge of how to go about it. It could be expensive if used the wrong way.
I have used Google Adwords and they worked well for me. However, about 5 years have gone by since I was an Adwords user.
It is my belief that Google is the best people to learn from. You can go directly to the Adwords site by Clicking Here.
You now have all the information on ways of increasing traffic to your website that you need.
I wish you great success with your website traffic and look forward to hearing about your success.
Please leave your comments, or your questions, in the space provided below.